The Grammar 3 Handbook (in print letters) – JL906
The Grammar 3 Handbook follows on from The Grammar 2 Handbook, revising, consolidating and extending the teaching from The Grammar Handbook 2:
- 36 structured grammar lessons
- 36 spelling and punctuation lessons, Develops dictionary and thesaurus skills, Improves vocabulary and comprehension
- Photocopiable activities
- Topics covered: Continues to introduce new grammar elements. Revision of elements covered in The Grammar Handbooks 1 & 2.
- New spelling patterns tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/.
- Suffixes -less, able and ful.
- Proper adjectives. Nouns acting as adjectives.
- Collective nouns.
- Pronouns possessive/subjective and object.
- The present particle and the continuous tenses.
- Paragraphs. Subject and object in a sentence.
- Questions and exclamations in speech.